Armona Union Academy (AUA) is a K-12 school located in the town of Armona, just outside of Hanford in California’s San Joaquin Valley. AUA is a WASC-accredited educational institution and a constituent school of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. Worldwide, the Adventist educational system is the second largest in size. Armona Union Academy is a proud member of the Adventist educational system, and a strong believer in the power of Christian education.
We invite you to read more about Our Mission below.
AUA was established in 1904 to serve the local area churches, providing a high-quality education in addition to instilling strong Christian values of mission and discipleship.
Armona Union Academy Philosophy
The Armona Union Academy is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to:
- develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew 2:37-39
- master the basic academic skills
- value labor, physical and mental, as the
- blessing God intended
- cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.
The Armona Union Academy operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
At Armona Union Academy, we take our mission very seriously. Our school was established in 1904, with the specific purpose of teaching and training children to be missionaries in the spirit of the Great Commission of Matthew 28:19-20. We’d like to think that the original founders would smile in approval if they were around to read our mission statement.
“Armona Union Academy exists to introduce children to Jesus,
nurture their love for Him and others—
teaching them to think and empowering them to serve.”
Our Core Values
Schoolwide Learning Goals
- To complete a course for study to prepare for higher education
- To score at or above the minimum competency for English and Math standardized testing
- To be able to demonstrate critical thinking through a variety of performance assessments such as labs, reports, projects and portfolios
- To formulate personal spiritual beliefs
- To participate in Christian activities
- To share spiritual experiences
- To participate in physical education, sports, and health classes
- To meet standardized fitness test goals
- To practice the principles of healthful living
- To develop acceptable social behavior
- To fulfill civic responsibilities such as attendance, following the dress code, keeping environment clean, and practicing in student government
- To participate in community service